Friday 1 December 2017

Thorn Moons Conquered

So finally finished my Thorn Moons project! What a sense of relief, and achievement. Feels good to get something finished. I'll wait until my pictures have made it onto ironsleet.com before I post the full warband here. Having a hard time getting my phone into focus when taking the photos, but I did my best.

Here is one of my favorites in the warband, Horgraive Snake-Eater, Warbringer of D’Vroek, Radningar of the Shieldkin, Hero of the Black Mud Sea, Thorn Moons Loyalist


Had a lot of fun with this group, tried out a lot of techniques I hadn't used before, some worked better than others but I learned a lot at least. Used some Vallejo pigments for rust and mud for example and tried to get the armor to look really weather beaten and rain streaked, was feeling very proud of myself until the photographs, seems like a lot of the texture and detail on the armor has been lost. Shame but good lessons for the future.

Another new thing for me was woodland themed bases. Never been particularly good at basing or scenery so with this theme it was a good opportunity to try some things out.


No comments:

Post a Comment